A campaign event represents an action that is performed at a time relative to a date-time contact field, such as “Created On”, which is the date a contact was created, or a custom contact field.
Be sure to first Create a Campaign to which you can then add an Event!
Creating a Campaign Event
- Navigate to the campaigns tab, then click the campaign to which you’d like to add an event.
- Click on the “Add Event” box in the upper right corner.
- Select the action you’d like to assign to the event (either Send a Message or Start a Flow).
- Set the date and time you want your event to be sent (this is referred to as the “offset”). The following inputs comprise an offset:
- Number of minutes, hours, days, weeks.
- Before or after the contact field selected.
- The contact field selected. The default contact field is “Created On”, which refers to the date a contact was created. If you do not see a custom contact field you’ve created, it means you need to_update the field type_from text to `date & time`_. This is done manually on the_ _Manage Fields page__._
- The time at which the event will deliver on the date relative to the contact field selected.
- Whether you want to stop an active flow to send the message/flow or skip it.
You may want to create events based around a custom date for your contacts. For example, you may want to send a reminder in relation to a pregnant woman’s expected delivery date. Learn to create your own custom date field here.
Note that only a date & time field type can be used in campaign events.